Hi and welcome,
My name is Andrew Thompson. I've been working on bodies for nearly three decades.
Many places provide Ladies' Waxing, but what sets Reef apart is that it isn't a beauty salon. I wouldn't know a pedicure if it bit me. 90% of what I do is removing unwanted hair. It's a specialty, not just an add-on service.
Also different, is that I understand that people come in all shapes and ages and sizes, and that women in particular, are very self conscious if they don't have the 'perfect' body type.
Ladies' Waxing clients are also self conscious if they have body hair in places that makes them feel 'un-feminine'.
You don't have to worry about that here. With 100,000 treatments under my belt and 30 years working with naked human bodies, there is nothing I haven't seen. I'm not going to judge you in the least.
So yes, my studio is different. It's calm and relaxed, fun and friendly, and sometimes just a little bit silly. If a more human experience with a focus on quality is what you're looking for, give me a try.
So that's the big sell. I hope you liked it 😊
Have a brilliant day,
Body Part Definitions - Ladies' Body Waxing
Prices - Rockhampton Ladies' Waxing
Ladies Waxing - FacePRICE
Ladies Waxing - Upper BodyPRICE
Ladies Waxing - Lower BodyPRICE
For comprehensive info on Bikini and Brazilian Waxing and styles, see this page:
Tips & tricks - Rockhampton Ladies' Waxing
- Wear loose fitting clothing to your treatment. If you are receiving a Brazilian Wax, ensure that you wear undies made of cotton so the skin can breathe, or alternatively, wear none. Don't wear silks or satins until the skin has calmed.
- Avoid having sex on the morning of your treatment so your labia are not overly sensitive.
- After a wax, avoid chlorine pools, saunas, the gym, and hot tubs until your skin has calmed down, to minimise the risk of inflammation.
- Sweating will increase the recovery time. If you live near a beach, a swim in salt water is great.
- Avoid colognes and antiperspirants until the skin has calmed down.
- You can also make a saline wash using half a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water, and pad it over the area.
- Do not exfoliate the waxed area until it has calmed down completely. Your skin may return to normal quickly or it could take 48-72 hours.
- Use a proper after-wax lotion for at least two days after your treatment, and again when regrowth begins to appear. A bottle of Caron after-wax lotion costs $15 and will last for several treatments.
- As regrowth comes through at about the 3 week mark, gently exfoliate each day with a high quality exfoliant scrub. We recommend and stock Ocean Road White Smoothing Body Scrub which costs around $29 and will last several treatments. After your shower, apply your Caron after-wax lotion.
- Waxing Treatments should be spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart. Your hair should be at least 5mm long for the wax to grip it.
Frequently Asked Questions - Rockhampton Ladies' Waxing
How much does waxing hurt?
As a general guide, the feeling is like being slapped with a plastic ruler and fades quickly. Follow up treatments are gentler than the first, as the hair hasn't had time to fully develop.
What is a Brazilian Wax?
To protect people's sensibilities, this is in a separate section of the site. Take this link for more info.
I'm self conscious about how I look and I'm worried you'll judge me.
I've worked with naked human bodies of all shapes and sizes my entire adult life. I'm here to remove your body hair, not to give you a score card. Who am I to judge your appearance
In any case, you've got nothing I haven't seen before, so don't stress.
What could prevent me having a treatment?
To save replication here, this article in the Reef Knowledge Base lists the contraindications and reasons why you may not be suitable for treatment.
I'm really hairy all over. I feel like a freak and it's affecting my life.
If this applies to you, let me say emphatically, you are not a freak. It is very common for girls of any age to have some type of male hair growth patterns (hirsutism), and it's just one of those things that girls don't talk about with each other. It makes them feel un-feminine, and let's face it, can you really trust your friend not to let it slip? So yes, it's understandable that you're upset and feel isolated. But I say again, you are definitely not unusual.
I can think of twenty regular female clients off the top of my head, who come to me each month to have their breast and back hair removed. My own neice has a hairy back. She did the day she was born, and still has twenty years later. As for facial hair, the truth is that 95% of ladies get it at some point in the lives, some as teenage girls, some as grand-mums, and most after having a baby.
Whatever age you are, or wherever your hair grows, relax - They might not write articles about women's body hair in the glitzy magazines, but you are definitely not unusual.
Can you do a waxing outcall to my home?
Unfortunately no, it would make the treatment too expensive. Wax pots take around 40 minutes to heat up, and we would have to charge for that time. If we preheat the pots, then we risk spillage during transportation, which again is a costly (and messy) affair.
Can I book a spray tan for after my wax treatment?
Unfortunately no. The after wax lotion will create a barrier between your skin and the tanning solution. Ideally you should leave the after wax lotion on, then go for a spray tan in a day or two.
Is Waxing Permanent?
No. Over years, waxing may have a general thinning effect but if you stop waxing, it will return to its previous state. If you want a more permanent solution, Reef has two options, Active Enzyme which is used in conjunction with waxing, or PTF Hair Removal which is a light-based treatment. Here are the links to each page:
I'm pregnant. Can I get waxed?
If you are in the first trimester of pregnancy, sorry no. The reason for this is purely a safety issue, as the first trimester is when most problems with pregnancy arise. However, if you are well advanced or about to deliver and don't want to be shaved on the delivery table, by all means, yes you can be waxed.
Will my Therapist be male or female?
I shouldn't have to qualify this question but I will. Your therapist will be me, Andrew Thompson, a male with nearly 20 years experience in the beauty industry, and over 30 years working with naked human bodies, as an artist, sports practitioner, remedial massage therapist, and acupuncturist. If you have issues with my gender, regardless of my experience and unblemished reputation over three decades, I'd prefer you went somewhere else.
A salon told me they were Reef Certified. What does this mean?
Some salons send their staff to me for training. The therapists then receive a certificate upon completion listing details of their particular level of skill. It is important to note that I only accredit individual therapists, not the entire salon. Any therapist making the claim that they trained with Reef will be happy to present their credentials. Please don't contact me to find out details of a particular therapist who has undergone training with me, as this is confidential information.